- Open Data Commons Open Database License / OSM (ODbL/OSM)
+ You are free to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt our data, as long as you credit OpenStreetMap and its contributors
+ If you alter or build upon our data, you may distribute the result only under the same licence.
+ For more info see http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright.
The northern boundary of Vingunguti is formed by the Msimbazi river valley. Most residential buildings along the river valley are affected by flooding, while Majengo, Kombo and Mji Mpya subwards are particulary vulnerable. The reasons are much the same as for Tabata: human economic activities has led to an increase of river width, reducing the river valley’s holding-capacity of water. To prevent damage, local residents of Vingunguti have engaged in initiatives to clean the river valley.
- Publication Date
- Dec. 18, 2018, 5:52 a.m.
- Geoscientific Information
- information pertaining to earth sciences. Examples: geophysical features and processes, geology, minerals, sciences dealing with the composition, structure and origin of the earth s rocks, risks of earthquakes, volcanic activity, landslides, gravity information, soils, permafrost, hydrogeology, erosion
- Supplemental Information
This data was initially collected as part of the Dar Ramani Huria activities which form part of the Tanzania Urban Resilience Programme, a partnership betwee...
- Spatial Representation Type
- vector data is used to represent geographic data